Myatt Garden School Council
SCHOOL COUNCIL MOTTO: MAKING MYATT GARDEN BETTER FOR EVERYONE WITH EVERYONE
School council are here to make Myatt Garden an even safer and happier place, not only from their perspective but from everyone’s perspective and with everyone’s help. That is why we try and talk to lots of different children, so that we can share a big range of views at School Council meetings.
HOW WERE WE ELECTED?
All children in KS2 can stand to be a member of school councillor. They made a speech to their class, saying what issues they think are important, as well as why they would make a good representative. EVERY CLASS CHOSE ONE BOY AND ONE GIRLWHO THEY THOUGHT THAT WERE SENSIBLE, COULD SHARE IDEAS AND SPEAK UP FOR STUDENTS. That’s how we got elected to be school council members!
What we are doing now…
This year our School Council is focussing on the subject of recycling. Their aim is to get more people in the community to recycle. We are encouraging Myatt families to get involved with our project.
These are the things you can do to help:
1. Any paper that your children use, don’t recycle it straight away, please use again.
2. If you have any electrical items that don’t work, don’t just throw them in the bin, go to your local WEEE Bank
3. Keep on recycling all everything you can. Every Lewisham resident has a recycling bin, please use it! If you are unsure of what to put in there, please check the recycling page on the Lewisham website.
4. Bring your old batteries into the Myatt Garden School office to be recycled.
5. Put waste paper trays in your homes to encourage you to re-use paper before throwing it away.
6. Remember to recycle in the right bins. What can I put in my recycling bins?
We have entered a clean and green competition. To help promote this we have made posters and create recycling poems to encourage people to recycle!
The Lewisham WEEE Man