Information for Families: 2.7.21
As some of you will know, we had our first positive lateral flow test this week and therefore, we had to close Reception for two days, whilst a PCR test was done. Thankfully, this proved negative and we were able to reopen again on Wednesday.
Public Health are reporting increasing numbers of positive tests and one local school has had to shut due to the number of positive cases. Whilst there is currently a lot being said in the press, etc. about bubbles and sending classes home, we currently have to work with the guidance that is in place.
- Anyone with symptoms should self-isolate, this includes everyone in their household and will need to get a PCR test. PLEASE NOTE a lateral flow test cannot be used if someone has symptoms. If the PCR test is negative they return to school, if positive they will need to isolate for 10 days from the onset of symptoms. Again, this includes everyone in their household.
- Anyone who tests positive on a lateral flow test, will then need to isolate with their household and get a PCR test. If negative, children can return to school.
- Any positive test results (lateral flow or PCR) need to be reported to NHS Test and Trace, as well as to the school.
- We will contact you and close bubbles if your child has been exposed to anyone that has tested positive, either on a lateral flow (this would be temporary until a PCR test has been done) or a PCR test. At this stage your child will need to self-isolate. This does not impact on the rest of the household, unless anyone in your household develops symptoms.
Because of the current rates of infection in London, anyone that has been in contact with someone who has tested positive should now get a PCR test regardless of whether they have symptoms or not.
Three dads do Snowdonia!
Please spare a thought for John, James and Brian this weekend – they will be taking on the Welsh 3000 challenge on Saturday. Let’s all send them lots of positive thoughts. We very much appreciate their fundraising for Myatt – currently at £ 9,721.25.
You can contribute at: https://donatemyschool.com/friends-of-myatt-garden-2586
Summer Reading Challenge
Why not get your child involved in this year’s library reading challenge. A fun way to keep your children reading and engaging with books. Find out more at: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/
The challenge launches on Saturday 10th July from 10am – 12.30pm! You can join the Deptford Lounge Library launch in the Albany Garden and be part of a very special, free nature-themed challenge that will inspire you to stand up for the planet! You can find out more at: https://www.thealbany.org.uk/shows/summer-reading-challenge/
50 Year Anniversary
We are still looking for your help in preparation for our 50th anniversary celebrations in the autumn term. We will be holding a week of special events from 20th – 25th September, culminating in a family event on the Saturday.
What we still need!
- Photos for the exhibition – children, staff, school building, building work from 1970s to recent years;
- Memories/funny stories to display;
- Former students/staff – please ask them to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retweet/share Twitter and Facebook posts when you see them;
- Help during the Saturday event – FOMG will be sending home information asking for your help
- Share any other ideas: email@example.com
Sedgehill Open Morning
If you are a Parent/Carer of a child who will be in Year 4 or 5 next year, please see the attached information here: Sedgehill – Open Morning Flyer 2021
Whilst some of the dates have passed (it only arrived this week), there are still two opportunities to visit to find out more about the school. Please note there will be opportunities next term for all current Year 5 parents to visit all local secondary schools, including Sedgehill.
- October 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019