Information for Parents: 10.7.20
Once again, we are hurtling towards the end of term! You will be receiving your final home learning pack for this term later today. I thought it might be useful to provide a summary of what’s happening in these last few days.
Children’s reports will be posted to all families
Mon 13th to Thurs 16th
- The final 4 days for our current Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 bubbles
- The final day for Key Worker bubbles
- Year 6 Leaver’s Zoom assembly at 11am
- All children from Year 1 – Year 5 have been invited back to close the year, collect their books and meet their new teacher (Please make sure that you are at the right gate at the time you have been given as we will not be able to admit late-comers or rerun the session. Please note, in order to maintain social distancing, parents will not be able to enter the school site.) We will keep children’s books until the new school year if they are unable to attend.
- Year 6 children, who have not returned to school, have been invited in to say good-bye
End of Term Gifts
We never expect gifts from families at the end of term, for doing a job that we love. This year like no other has made us all stop and look at things differently, with many of our families finding themselves in difficult situations.
If you feel that you really would like to mark the end of the year in some way, we would suggest that this year you either donate to the Myatt Garden Community Fund or purchase a book to boost the schools BAME book stock. More details of how you can do this by purchasing a book from our wish list or contributing a donation to a book-buying fund will be coming your way next week.
Ms Dempsey is retiring
After over 30 years at Myatt Garden, the time has come for Ms Dempsey to retire. We are all very sad that she is going to be leaving us, as she has been a massive part of Myatt Garden. Over the years Ms Dempsey has had a number of roles, but in recent years you will have known her as our SENCO and Designated Safeguarding Lead – two senior roles that involve being the champion and advocate for some of our most vulnerable children. You don’t need to say goodbye just yet, she will be returning in September for a couple of weeks to support our new SENCO, Jen Ingham.
Staff leaving us this year
Our lovely Janade (Reception class teaching assistant) will be leaving us at the end of this term to go and try something new. She is excited about making a move into Customer Services and we know she will be brilliant at it. We wish her well on her next exciting chapter.
We will also be saying a sad farewell to Helen Graham (Year 3 teacher). Helen is moving back home to Ireland with her husband to start a new life. Good luck Helen!
Flo (Teaching assistant in Year 2) will be leaving to train as a teacher in September. Who knows, maybe we’ll see her back at Myatt in the future! We know she is going to be a fabulous teacher.
Online Art project
We know that we have very creative pupils at Myatt Garden and so we thought you may be interested in an opportunity to celebrate all the fantastic arts and crafts activity that have been going on as part of your lock-down experience. If you are interested in being a part of this exciting event, please see details here: Art 2020 Flyer. You can create in any medium and on any subject as long as it is inspired by your lock-down experience.
Myatt Quiz questions
Here are the first 10 quiz questions that you have sent in. Thank you to everyone that sent in a question.
How many do you think you can get?
- What colour is a giraffe’s tongue and why?
- What two colours are on the Greek flag?
- Who is the youngest person to ever write and record a James Bond theme song?
- 4.Which football team plays at the Stadium of Light?
- What is the longest running soap opera in the UK?
- How many sides does a 20-pence piece have?
- What instrument can be bass, electric or Spanish?
- What sport would you see at Silverstone?
- What is the Roman numeral for 50?
- Do tigers run faster than lions?
Answers for the above can be found here: Myatt Quiz Answers 2020
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019