Information for Parents: 30.11.20
Thank you all for working with us as we continue to manage the current situation.
We are delighted that we have not needed to close any classes so far. You have really helped by:
- Arriving within the stated time slot at the gate each morning and afternoon, your punctuality really helps us start the day smoothly;
- Wearing masks at the gate;
- Avoiding gathering at the gate opening;
- Waiting by the wall/railings to leave space on pavement wherever possible;
- Ensuring you and your children stay 2m apart from others;
- Making sure that you Drop /Collect and go and not hang around outside the gate chatting with others;
- Keeping your children home if they are displaying any symptoms;
- Not bringing forgotten items to the main office.
We really appreciate all that you have done.
Drivers – please take care!
Whilst we await the closure of both Upper Brockley and Rokeby Rd, please take extra care if you are driving along either of these roads. There are children walking home on both sides of the school and it is important that we keep them safe.
Great news, Myatt Garden now has a twitter account and is tweeting away!! At present, we do not have permissions to use children’s images so we are busy sharing examples of children’s learning. Please look out for a permission request that will be coming soon. We are super excited about being able to share photos of your children doing their fab learning, especially at this time when you are not able to come into school.
As Christmas approaches here is your chance to win some amazing prizes which have been donated by our generous and talented nursery parents as well as helping nursery to fundraise towards a real wood working bench for our nursery garden. The wonderful prizes include (not ranked in any particular order):
- Personalised doorstep performance (birthday or Christmas) from well-known opera singer and principle bass trombonist from Royal Opera house, they will also deliver you mince pies and a bottle of prosecco;
- Mini ‘socially distanced’ photo session for one family in a local park;
- Handmade personalised bunting (choose the colours, theme or even add letters);
- Christmassy front door/window sill fresh plant pot;
- Hand drawn illustrations or hand painted plates;
- Private yoga or pregnancy yoga session via zoom;
- Bespoke artwork of your pet or existing print by local artist
For more details and to enter please go to: https://raffall.com/148638/enter-raffle-to-win-myatt-garden-nursery-raffle-hosted-by-myatt-garden-eyfs
Please feel free to share the link with your friends, family and neighbours. Please note any physical prizes can either be collected directly from the donor or collected from nursery after a 72 hour period of isolation.
We are delighted to be part of a trailblazer project with the Lewisham Mental Health School Team which provides us with advice and early help for children/families that are in need of some help. To find out more about the services that they offer, please see details here: Lewisham MSHT
If you would like support, please contact Orlaine McDonald at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 020 8691 0611. Alternatively, you can contact the team direct at: lewishamMHST@slam.nhs.uk